ACP’s Financial Focus Newsletter
OTHER USEFUL LINKS
- Car Buying Tips – Free information on buying new and used cars, leasing and avoiding auto scams.
- CarFax – See the history of the car you are considering (VIN required).
- Edmund’s Publications – Consumer information experts. Easily run comparisons on new and used vehicles.
- J.D. Power & Associates – Automotive marketing research.
- Kelley Blue Book – New and Used vehicle pricing reports.
- FDIC site – Check to see if your bank is FDIC insured or if it is in trouble.
- Finaid – A comprehensive site that covers all aspects of financial aid.
- National Center for Education Statistics – Information on past three years of college/university costs.
- Salliemae – Calculators for estimating college costs, savings needs, and student loan payments as well as a great deal of financial aid and scholarship information.
- Savingforcollege.com – Quarterly 529 plan reviews and other tips on saving for college.
- IRS Website – The IRS Website, information on forms, publications, and frequently asked questions.
INVESTMENTS – DISCOUNT BROKERS
- Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. – Discount broker.
- TD Ameritrade – View account balances, market news, and other services offered by the discount broker.
INVESTMENTS – FINANCIAL NEWS & QUOTES
- Bloomberg – Financial market news and stock/mutual fund quotes.
- CNN Financial News – Financial market news and stock/mutual fund quotes.
- InvestorGuide – Comprehensive stock research tool. “Tools” tab provides links to other sites.
- MSN Money – Financial market news and stock/mutual fund quotes.
- Wall Street Journal – Financial market news and stock/mutual fund quotes
- Yahoo – Keep track of your overall portfolio and get detailed charts on your individual stocks and bonds.
INVESTMENTS – INVESTOR EDUCATION
- Investorwords – This site is a database of more than 5,000 key investment terms, plus some 15,000 links related to words and concepts.
- Motley Fool – Online calculators and information to help answer basic questions.
- SEC Investor Education site – Online calculators, broker and/or advisor information, investor alerts, plus links to other government sites.
INVESTMENTS – MUTUAL FUNDS
- IndexFunds.com – A resource on the use of index funds, or passive investing, versus conventional actively managed mutual funds.
- Morningstar – This company is well-known for its mutual fund star rating system, and this site has many useful research and analysis tools.
- Mutual Fund Education Alliance – A large source of mutual fund news and information, plus daily price info and one-, five- and ten-year annualized returns.
INVESTMENTS – PUBLICATIONS
- Forbes – Online edition of Forbes magazine.
- Kiplinger’s Personal Finance Magazine – Magazine plus calculators, investor education and more.
- Smart Money – Smart Money.
- Bankrate.com – Mortgage calculator and basic information.
- Eloan – Compare loans, quotes, calculators.
- HSH.com – Mortgage news, rate comparisions, and calculators.
- Realtor sites – Customized searches by city, mortgage information and glossary.
- Medicare – You resource for Medicare information.
- Social Security – Site to verify benefits and your earning history.