Financial advisors typically have one of two responsibilities to their clients: a fiduciary standard or a suitability standard.
- A fiduciary standard requires that an advisor expose all conflicts of interest and act only in your best interest.
- A suitability standard only requires that an advisor offer you products suitable to your needs, regardless of whether or not they are in your best interest.
At R.C. Whitmore Advisors, Inc., we are fiduciaries and always act in your best interest. We are committed to providing our clients:
- Straight talk about your money and finances. As a fee-only financial planner Roy does not sell any products or accept any commission. His only compensation is what you pay for his professional advice. Consequently, his focus is on what is best for you.
- An all-inclusive approach. Working together with his clients to evaluate all aspects of their finances, Roy helps design plans that reflect each client’s unique core values and personal goals. Clients often comment that he pays a lot of attention to areas of their financial life that are overlooked by other financial planners.
- Easy access. Because life is constantly changing, Roy is committed to being available to you as often as is necessary to accomplish your financial goals. Your visits can be in-person, by telephone, by video conference, or by any combination of these that you feel is best.
- Value for your money. Roy believes that a financial advisor should work to save you more than the fee you are charged. That is a concept that is virtually unknown in today’s financial planning profession.
- Education and advice in words you can understand. Guiding you through your options and explaining them clearly helps you make the best choices. Roy will always take the time to make sure that you understand his advice.
Pledge to Clients
In all my dealings with my clients, I pledge to be:
HOLISTIC IN OUTLOOK: I will consider all of your circumstances, family needs, goals, values, and aspirations when making comprehensive planning recommendations.
PROFESSIONAL IN CONDUCT: I will protect your privacy. I will strive to maintain the highest ethical standards possible in my work and life. I will continually enhance my skills and credentials through continuing education, and I will refer you to other professionals when you need help in an area outside my expertise.
EDUCATIONAL IN NATURE: I will guide you through your options and explain them clearly to help you make the best choices. I will always take the time to make sure you understand my advice.
INDEPENDENT IN COMPENSATION: I will never sell you a product or service other than holistic financial planning, nor will I take a commission or a referral fee from another professional. You will receive objective, unbiased advice from me.
COMMITTED TO YOUR SUCCESS: Holistic financial planning is a process, not an event, and I commit to adjusting your plan as your life goals change.
Cannon of Ethics
As an ACP member, I agree to the following Canon of Ethics and will uphold it in my dealings with clients, fellow members, and Alliance of Comprehensive Planners Inc.:
I am in a fiduciary relationship with clients, which means that I will put each client's interests first, before my interests or any others, and disclose potential conflicts of interest to all clients and prospective clients.
I will conscientiously complete all work agreed to in a prompt and timely manner.
I will provide financial planning services solely as a fee-only advisor. I will act objectively in all matters with clients and will not accept any commissions based on advice or recommendations given.
I will continually strive to improve upon the competence and the quality of services I provide.
I will maintain the highest level of professional integrity in relationships with clients, associated professionals, and government officials.
To the extent allowed by law, I will always hold confidential all information shared with me by potential and contractual clients and by other members and staff of ACP.